Series of 4
Youth Holiday Sewing Camp: Upcycling Fashion
FOR AGES 11 – 17, Gals & Guys Welcome!
4 Session Workshop | Total of 14 hours
Celebrate your kids' love for fashion & the environment by picking up very useful skills to turn preloved garments into brand new creations!! Featuring our fun upcycling class for youth, combining multiple alteration and sewing techniques together with a field trip to the thrift store, and creating their own design with guidance from our friendly trainers!
Materials not provided, but students are not required to bring anything on the first day- trainers will advise on what to bring during the 1st class. Tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to upcycle & refashion preloved garments to create something totally new
- Useful sewing techniques including how to make gathers, straps, use elastic bands, hemming, smocking and many more!
- How to handle and operate the sewing machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.