Sewing Techniques: Zippers
1 session course for a total of 3 hours
Beginner sewists know that zippers aren’t always easy – installing zips can be an intimidating part of the garment construction process. Tackle this essential closure with ease in our zipper dedicated construction techniques workshop!
A well-executed zipper insertion gives any project a clean professional look. Learn all about various zip footers, and understand how to do the proper prep necessary for zipper openings, positioning & ironing stablilizers, along with some helpful tips regardless of the type of zipper or insertion method you choose. Apply these zippers to a variety of garments, including those with linings and facings. Zip it good!
We cover these zipper techniques:
- Welt with exposed zipper
- Railroad/Centered Zipper
- Lapped Seam Zipper
- Concealed zipper with lining
What You’ll Learn:
- Different Zipper Types & Footer uses
- How to prepare your fabric before sewing your zipper.
- How to position your zipper accurately on your garment
- Install zips using zipper foot and edge-stitching techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Start to build your sewing construction technique reference book. This class is part of a sewing technique add-on series & you may take any of the construction series that you wish. All supplies included in cost of class.
*Minimum 3 pax to start a class.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.