Series of 2
Patternmaking: Men's Casual Shirt (Mandarin or Hawaiian Collar) [Part 1/2]
This class is meant for beginners who are interested to learn to make this garment from scratch.
*BRAND NEW SERIES*
2 Session Workshop | Total of 6 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Always wanted to make a special shirt for your loved one or for yourself? We invite you to join us in this custom drafting class that teaches you how to take measurements and finally how to translate them into a shirt draft!
This short-course covers the skills of Men's measurement taking and drafting out a paper pattern based on the design. Patternmaking will be fun and easy to understand.
Should you desire to sew the shirt up, you can add on the Sewing: Men's Casual Shirt (Mandarin or Hawaiian Collar) [Part 2/2] of this course and master various sewing techniques and experience the whole process of garment making.
2 options are available for Mandarin or Hawaiian collars. Sleeve length will be in short-sleeve.
Ideally please bring along the person you are doing the shirt for, on the first day of class. All tools and papers are provided so you don't have to bring anything else.
What You’ll Learn:
- Drafting your own shirt pattern template
- Taking male body measurements
- Fundamental understanding of drafting patterns, layout, and labelling according to industrial practice
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time is charged at $25/hr
- This part of the course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.