INT Patternmaking - Top & Skirt
Students enrolling in this class should have taken our Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Womenswear or Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Dress class, otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
We bring you this carefully crafted levelled-up version to enhance your skills from basic to become independently more advanced!
4 sessions for a total of 12 hours
Disclaimer: The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
Once a week (same time each week) except for express courses.
All drafting tools provided. Please bring along your master body/skirt block, quarter-scale artcard and Basic notes on your first day.
Learnt the dress or top & skirt Basic class previously? Now master how to create manipulations from your basic blocks. We will cover skirt manipulation techniques to design your own skirt; add beautiful pin-tucks, pleats or yokes and other design details, making them your very own!
We combine various techniques of manipulating your top and sleeves to include a placket, yoke, cuff with various collars to turn it into a shirt or blouse! Brimming with methods to fulfil your design aspirations!
We’ll make it as easy-to-understand as we can!
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $30/hr .
What You’ll Learn:
- Patternmaking techniques to add design details to skirt: pleats, yokes, lining, design lines, etc
- How to turn your top into a blouse or shirt complete with cuffs, sleeves, plackets and collars
- Manipulate your sleeves to create volume for puff or flare, or overlap to turn it into a tulip, or just simply add a cuff to finish off
- Grasp patternmaking approaches to use them on your own in the future to create more advanced designs
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.