Series of 4
INT Patternmaking - Top & Skirt
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Students enrolling in this class should have taken either,
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
All drafting tools provided. Please bring along your master body/skirt block, and Basic notes on your first day.
Learnt the dress or top & skirt Basic class previously? Now master how to create manipulations from your basic blocks. We will cover skirt manipulation techniques to design your own skirt; add beautiful pin-tucks, pleats or yokes and other design details, making them your very own!
We combine various techniques of manipulating your top and sleeves to include a placket, yoke, cuff with various collars to turn it into a shirt or blouse! Brimming with methods to fulfil your design aspirations!
We’ll make it as easy-to-understand as we can!
What To Bring:
- Master Bodice Block
- Quarter-scale Art card
- Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
What You’ll Learn:
- Patternmaking techniques to add design details to skirt: pleats, yokes, lining, design lines, etc
- How to turn your top into a blouse or shirt complete with cuffs, sleeves, plackets and collars
- Manipulate your sleeves to create volume for puff or flare, or overlap to turn it into a tulip, or just simply add a cuff to finish off
- Grasp patternmaking approaches to use them on your own in the future to create more advanced designs
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio ?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.