Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 220 – Asymmetric Flap Dress *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
You can co-ord this piece with your daughter in K208 Asymmetric Girl's Dress with Flap!
Going out for a gathering or with the family? This fun, flirty dress comes with a flap in the front and offers a relaxed and comfortable fit for all your eating and shopping activities. Featuring clean lines, sleeveless armhole, a strap, and an asymmetrical hemline that'll make you look chic and fashionable!
This versatile dress has a flared silhouette and contrast straps that match with the panels. Understand the techniques for layering your garment, learn how to cut efficiently, and assemble an easy-to-wear outfit for yourself!
This class is suitable for beginners.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your first session, please bring:
Fabric Option A (No Contrast)
3 meters non-stretch cotton fabric
Fabric Option B (With Contrast)
- 1.5m (main for the inner dress)
- 1m (contrast for the flap)
- 0.5m (contrast for the strap) in non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Sewing & finishing techniques for adding layers onto a garment
- Sewing & finishing methods for straps and sleeveless armholes
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our Cut & Sew Series is designed for the beginning sewist, who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques for making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!