Fashion Sewing 204
7 Sessions | Total of 14 hours: (2 hrs/session)
*Pre-Requisite: Starter Bundle / Sewing Machine Knowledge & Cutting Fabrics
Sewing Machine & Tools included. Fabrics & Trims NOT included.
*Important: Dates for the 1st session are listed above. Please submit your body measurements at least 7 DAYS BEFORE YOUR 1ST SESSION, otherwise, your starting date will have to be postponed.
WHAT YOU'LL SEW:
Perfect for festive wear or a casual date, our Contemporary Cheongsam comes with a twist. The dress is outfitted with 6 options for your Sleeve and Skirt so you can choose the combination you want!
1. Sleeve - Normal, Puff, Flutter
2. Skirt - Straight, Tulip, Flare
Learn to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, pick up essential pattern reading and sewing techniques including how to assemble and finish a bias-bound Mandarin collar, install set-in sleeves, and concealed zipper.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Assembly + construction of cheongsam dress
- Attaching bias-bound collar & neckline.
- Inserting set-in sleeves and closed seam finish
- Make Your Order - You will receive a Requirements Email
Submit Body Measurements - Click Here
(Minimum 7 days BEFORE your 1st session)
Book Your Remainder Timeslot/s
(Available timeslots will be provided in the Requirements Email)
THINGS TO BRING FOR THE FIRST SESSION:
|Non-Stretch Cotton (Min. 60" width fabric for flared skirt)||2.5 - 3 metres|
|Concealed Zipper||24 Inch|
|Chinese Frog Buttons||2 -3|
|Single-Fold Cotton Bias Tape (12mm)||1.5 metres|
|Light-Weight Interfacing||0.5 metres|
|Medium-Weight Interfacing||0.5 metres|
|Hook & Eye||1 pair|
*Zipper can be purchased from Lye Nai Shiong
FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES:
Ensure you have all of these materials if you are NOT renting the Sewing Machine Set
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Marker/ Chalk
- Paper & Printer
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Overlock Machine (or zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine)
Have any questions?
Phone/WhatsApp: +65 8139 7787
Class Schedule Dates
(For reference only, NOT for booking)