Series of 5
BASIC Patternmaking - (Bodice, Sleeve & Skirt)
5 Session Workshop | Total of 12.5 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
All drafting tools and paper are provided.
The root of doing your own designs always start from making your basic block template. If you have been sewing from patterns and would like to learn to customize your own bodice and skirt based on your measurements, this is it!
This course covers patternmaking foundation techniques, formulas and essentials to draft your own template. After which you may continue your journey to our other classes to develop your skills further!
Master taking measurements accurately and the skill to being able to develop template drafts for yourself and others. Close guidance will be given and students will receive a complimentary set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30 to start your patternmaking journey!
In addition, we guide you on manipulating your own patterns so that you can create many variations in fit, length and design for your bodice, sleeve and skirt patterns.
As the name describes, this course covers patternmaking, but not sewing. Should you like sewing as well, kindly refer to our Skillsfuture claimable intensive BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course here: https://fashionmakerspace.myshopify.com/collections/patternmaking-sewing/products/basic-sewing-drafting-patternmaking-top-skirts
What You’ll Learn:
- Basic understanding of drafting patterns, layout and cutting on-grain.
- Learn the skill of taking accurate body measurements from scratch.
- Create a fitting template for your own bodice block, sleeve and skirt.
- Manipulation of pattern blocks to create variations in design and silhouette
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.