Latest News on Fashion Makerspace Classes
24th June 2021
As we shift over to the next phase, we would like to announce that both our PHYSICAL & ONLINE classes are going to both be available to you!
Below is a quick summary of which classes are available in which formats:
1. CLASSES WITH 100% VIRTUAL ONLINE OR 100% PHYSICAL IN-STUDIO OPTIONS
(As will be indicated in the class selection timing)
- STARTER BUNDLE
2. CLASSES TAKING PLACE BOTH ONLINE & IN-STUDIO SIMULTANEOUSLY
- FASHION SEWING CLASSES
- ACCESSORIES CLASSES
3. CLASSES 100% ONLINE ONLY
Kindly indicate your options upon booking and we look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us through here.
26th May 2021
Fashion Makerspace would like to thank everyone for their continuous support during these trying times. We would not have been able to continue without you!
Due to the stricter Covid-19 Measures dated 14 May 2021, Fashion Makerspace will be introducing various arrangements for both prospective and current students. This is to ensure both students and trainers have a conducive and safe environment to continue classes.
For your own safety, please adhere to the arrangements below until further notice. We thank you for your kind understanding!
FOR ALL STUDENTS,
- Masks are to be kept on at ALL TIMES during curriculum.
- A maximum of 8 students are allowed in the main hall, and 6 in the sub hall in line with SSG standards. If you are early, please wait at the outdoor benches.
- Keep a safe distance of 1 meter from others at all times and avoid mingling around.
- Please use the hand sanitisers provided or to wash your hands before and after class.
- Every student must scan and use the TraceTogether app or token upon entering the premises.
- It is compulsory to take your temperature and to submit the Health Declaration Form. If you are unwell, Fashion Makerspace will have to urge you to head home and rest.
- You should stay at home if you are unwell. Please see a doctor and update us on your medical status.
- If you have been to an affected cluster, please inform us immediately to make further class arrangements.
FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS,
For beginners who want an extensive introduction to sewing, limited slots are available for our Online Starter Bundle classes. These classes will be held completely via zoom. All materials, tools and sewing machines will be provided and delivered to you.
FOR WSQ STUDENTS,
For those who are keen to purchase fabrics, tools and sewing machines, you may visit our Sales & Rental page for more information. Masks and mask kits are also available for purchase here.
Once again, Fashion Makerspace would like to thank everyone for their kind understanding and support. If you have any feedback or concerns, feel free to contact us through here.
14th May 2021
Greetings from Fashion Makerspace.
In light of the recent news dated May 14 2021, do note that Fashion Makerspace is still open & approved to continue running our physical classes. Your scheduled class will proceed as per normal.
We are closely monitoring the situation on a daily basis and should your class be impacted (if any) by any new developments, we will contact you as soon as possible. We will also be working to tighten the safety measurements - i.e reduced class pax, etc, to prioritise the safety of our students.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
6th April 2020
Dearest Fashion Makers,
With the recent address of PM Lee and for everyone’s safety, our physical studio will temporarily be closed from 7 APRIL 2020 until further notice.
We’re thankful for everyone’s urgent enquiries, our business WILL STILL BE RUNNING and our admin team is doing their best to clarify any doubts & questions. We are in the midst of contacting all our students via WhatsApp/SMS, so please keep a look out for our messages. 📲
In the meantime, our current course of action is going online. 💻 Fashion Makerspace will be conducting live streaming and e-learning to continue certain sewing classes as well as coming up with activities to serve your interests during this stay-at-home time. Updates will be made soon; do watch this space.
Let’s keep our families, friends and the vulnerable safe and stay at home as much as possible. ❤️
26 March 2020
As you may have seen in recent announcements and measures from the MOH as of 24 March 2020, restrictions have been placed in numerous establishments. We are fully aware of this. Skillsfuture Singapore has informed training providers such as Fashion Makerspace as of 26 March 2020 and provided further clarifications:
1. We are able to continue running and business is as usual.
2. ALL precautionary measures are in place:
- 1 metre social distancing in classes
- Sanitising ALL equipment and tools before every class
- Contact tracing
- Travel declaration
- Temperature taking
Above all, your safety is our priority. Everyone needs to play their part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Should you have any enquiries or feedback, contact us through here.