Fashion Sewing 209
6 Sessions | Total of 12 hours: (2 hrs/session)
*Pre-Requisite: Starter Bundle / Sewing Machine Knowledge & Cutting Fabrics
Sewing Machine & Tools included. Fabrics & Trims NOT included.
*Important: Dates for the 1st session are listed above. Please submit your body measurements at least 7 DAYS BEFORE YOUR 1ST SESSION, otherwise, your starting date will have to be postponed.
WHAT YOU'LL SEW:
Dress up this flattering piece with a pencil skirt or dress down with skinny jeans. Learn to sew up a versatile shirt that fits your figure just right! Style it up with your favourite fabric and pick up a myriad of techniques in this shirt-making class. The shirt dress also comes with a full placket button detailing. Learn how to sew a classy collar with collar stand and cuffs professionally, together with pattern-reading & cutting techniques, this class is great for those who want to upgrade their sewing skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Preparation and assembly of the collar stand and collar pieces
- Inserting a full-placket shirt front
- Prepping and attaching long sleeves and finishing it with a cuff
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Seaming and top-stitching techniques for joining
- Hemming techniques to create a shirt-tail hem
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
- Make Your Order - You will receive a Requirements Email
Submit Body Measurements - Click Here
(Minimum 7 days BEFORE your 1st session)
Book Your Remainder Timeslot/s
(Available timeslots will be provided in the Requirements Email)
THINGS TO BRING FOR THE FIRST SESSION:
|Non-Stretch Cotton||2 metres|
|Light-Weight Fusible Interfacing||0.5 metres|
|Thick-Weight Fusible Interfacing||0.5 metres|
|Buttons (1 – 1.5cm diameter)||10|
FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES:
Ensure you have all of these materials if you are NOT renting the Sewing Machine Set
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Marker/ Chalk
- Paper & Printer
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Overlock Machine (or zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine)
Have any questions?
Phone/WhatsApp: +65 8139 7787
Class Schedule Dates
(For reference only, NOT for booking)