EASY Draft & Sew: Men's Resort Shirt
This class is meant for beginners who are interested to learn to make this garment from scratch and know how to operate a sewing machine. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, kindly click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
*BRAND NEW SERIES*
4 Session Workshop | Total of 10 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
Welcome to our very first compact & fun drafting & sewing class to make a Custom Fit Men's Resort Shirt from scratch!
This short-course covers the skills of Men's measurement taking, drafting out the paper pattern based on the design and then sewing it up. You'll understand how your body measurements translate to paper patterns, master various sewing techniques and experience the whole process of garment making.
We'll make patternmaking easy to understand and cover multiple sewing techniques to make a shirt with drop shoulder sleeves and V-neck placket.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. You will be briefed on the fabrics needed on the first class session so you don't have to bring anything.
What You’ll Learn:
- Drafting your own pattern template and taking body measurements from scratch.
- Cutting & sewing a shirt with drop shoulder sleeves and V-neck placket
- How to operate domestic machines and use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Fundamental understanding of drafting patterns, layout, and cutting on-grain.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time is charged at $25/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.