For ages 10 and up!
We recommend taking Kids Sewing 101 beforehand.
Some sewing experience is required for this project, e.g. to have done another bag or pencil case before.
Total Duration of 4 hours
Don't just buy a backpack! You or your child will learn the skills to make a cool pleated backpack, complete with a double-ended zipper and an inner pocket! It comes in a perfect size to fit books, a water bottle, and even an iPad! Best of all, it also comes in sturdy canvas fabrics! This class helps build up skills like installing straps with adjusters, working with thick fabrics and padding, adding pockets and a sturdy base.
Dear Parents & Guardians, if you would like to sit in the class with your kids, you may do so at an add-on fee of $10/pax. However, no additional materials will be provided.
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to operate and handle thick fabrics with a sewing machine
- How to add a strap with sliders and adjusters
- Construct a roomy bag with base and inner pockets
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable