Fashion Sewing 212
7 Sessions | Total of 14 hours: (2 hrs/session)
Pre-requisite: Starter Bundle / Sewing Machine Knowledge & Cutting Fabrics
Sewing Machine & Tools included. Fabrics & Trims NOT included.
*IMPT: Dates for the 1st session are listed above. Please submit your body measurements at least 7 days before your 1st session, otherwise, your starting date will have to be postponed.
WHAT YOU'LL SEW:
Putting an edge to the traditional cheongsam, this Asian-inspired jumpsuit comes with the option of shortening the length to turn it into a fun playsuit with shorts or elongating the hem to pair it with beautiful heels or trainers. This customized, figure-flattering silhouette features an elegant cut-out back detail, emphasized by contrast binding. Mandarin collars, sleeves and curved front feature highlighted and wrapped by the bias detail. Did we mention side pockets too? You will learn plenty of techniques and tricks in this 6-session series, so pick out your fancy fabrics and make this your very own! Basic sewing experience is required.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Constructing and attaching pants to the bodice piece
- Installing side pockets into a garment
- Constructing a mandarin collar and attaching an invisible/concealed zipper
- Embellishing techniques with bias binding and finishing a cut-out detail
- Constructing and attaching sleeves with bias edging
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Sewing up fabric-covered/Chinese knot buttons
- Make Your Order - You will receive a Requirements Email
Submit Body Measurements - Click Here
(Minimum 7 days BEFORE your 1st session)
Book Your Remainder Timeslot/s
(Available timeslots will be provided in the Requirements Email)
THINGS TO BRING FOR THE FIRST SESSION:
|Non-Stretch Cotton||4 metres|
|Thick Fusible Interfacing (for Collar)||0.5 metres|
|Concealed Zipper||18 Inch|
|Cotton Bias Tape (12mm)||1 Packet|
|Chinese Knot / Fabric Covered Buttons||2 Sets|
|Front Buttons (Quantity depends on design choice)||1 - 6|
|Black Closure Buttons (Quantity depends on design choice)||2-3|
*Zipper can be purchased from Lye Nai Shiong & Ribbing from Sing Mui Heng
- Select "CUT FOR ME" upon checkout for our Cutting & Overlocking Service if you want to save time!
- If you would like to purchase our fabrics - Click Here
- If you would like to rent/purchase them all together - Click Here
FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
Ensure you have all of these materials if you are NOT renting the Sewing Machine Set
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Marker/ Chalk
- Paper & Printer
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Overlock Machine (or zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine)
Have any questions?
You can contact us: 81397787 or Email: email@example.com
Class Schedule Dates
(For reference only, NOT for booking)