Intermediate Free Motion Embroidery Workshop - Using Dissolvable Fabric by Agy Textile Artist
AGY TEXTILE ARTIST X FASHION MAKERSPACE
Pre-requisites: Participants must know how to operate a sewing machine and be confident in machine sewing. They must know the basics of Free Motion Embroidery/have taken the basic FME session. For ages 12 and above.
1 Session Workshop | Total of 2.5 hours
Have you ever wanted to try sewing on dissolvable fabric? Have you thought about what dissolvable fabric could be used for?
Join textile artist Agatha "Agy"in her intermediate session of free motion embroidery (FME) to learn:
1. What is dissolvable fabric, and its applications in textile art
2. FME techniques on dissolvable fabric
3. How to create a basic collage / lace
This is a workshop where you can unleash your creativity - no need to stay within the lines!
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- Minimum 4 student signups.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
- Those who do not meet the pre-requisites will not be allowed to take the class
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend your booked class.
- If you would like a refund, our policy is:
14 calendar days or more: Full workshop fee refund
Less than 14 calendar days before / Day of the workshop / After the workshop: Full workshop fee forfeited
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Agatha Lee (Agy) is a textile artist interested in the interactions between people and the natural environment, and how this relationship can be improved. Her work is mostly process-based, and she works with textiles, primarily by creating textile collages incorporating her observations through stitching (hand and free motion embroidery) and marking. Her current work looks at making the unseen visible to the community, enabling them to appreciate nature. Her work has been exhibited at The Festival of Quilts (UK) and The Knitting & Stitching Show (UK).
Check her out at: