Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 210 – Drop-shoulder Shirtdress *Custom Fit
5 Sessions | Total of 10 hours: (2 hrs/session)
NEW flexible 5-step booking format, click here to find out more.
What You'll Sew:
Create your own personalised comfortable shirtdress that fits uniquely you! Upgrade your wardrobe with a custom-fit piece that can work for many occasions. Pick your favourite fabric, add pockets and design your sleeves to the length you desire. Learn pattern-reading & cutting techniques, how to sew up, assemble & add finishing touches for this classic staple that must be in any fashionista’s wardrobe!
What You’ll Learn:
- Preparation and assembly of the collar
- Inserting a full-placket shirt front
- How to create the drop shoulder/ kimono sleeve detail
- Prepping and attaching long sleeves and finishing it with a wide-hem cuff
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Seaming & top-stitching techniques for joining
- Hemming techniques to create a curved hem
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
What Materials Do I Need to Buy?
- 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 12 buttons
What Should I Bring For My 1st Session?
- Cut fabrics
- Paper patterns
- 12 buttons
Please read carefully on how it works, details are elaborated here in this link and will also be sent to your email. You can whatsapp us at 8139 7787 for any further enquiries
- Make Your Order (You will receive an email)
- Take & Submit Measurements (14 days before the 1st session)
- Book Your Timeslot/s (via the email links sent to you)
- Receive Paper Patterns & Cut Your Fabrics (courier is free)
- Attend Class
- As all patterns are customized to your size, body measurements must be submitted 14 days BEFORE your 1st session
- Printed Patterns will be couriered to your registered address for FREE within 9 Days upon submission. Kindly ensure that the address in your account is correct.
- Please CUT your fabrics BEFORE attending the 1st session
- Sewing tools & machines are provided in class
- Fabrics & Trims are not included.
- Recommended: Non-stretch cotton fabrics
- Additional studio slot will be charged $30/hr
- Rescheduling fees apply. Kindly refer to our class policies
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
- The slot you booked may be postponed if it has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.