Series of 6
Fashion Sewing 206 – Modern Baju Kurung
6 Sessions | Total of 12 hours: (2 hrs/session)
NEW flexible 5-step booking format, click here to find out more.
What You'll Sew:
A timeless piece for festive occasions or everyday wear, our Baju Kurung is perfect for anyone.Make your very own traditional piece in your very own choice of fabrics and pick up the skills to make more for your wardrobe! Both the Pesak Gantung and the Asli feature a gusset for the top and side panels for comfort and style and facing pieces to polish up the whole look. The skirt comes with a zipper, elasticized waistband and an overlap design, that's both stylish and roomy for your needs. Learn the traditional baju kurung methods- Pesak Gantung and the Asli. This class is taught by our wonderful Mrs Rosemelin makcik.
-> 2 Options for the Top Design - Pesak Gantung OR Asli*
(Minimum to Maximum / Chest, Waist, Hip Respectively)
(C 83cm, W 65cm, H 94cm) - (C 102cm, W 85cm, H 111cm)
What You’ll Learn:
- Finishing edges and neckline with a facing and overlocking
- Constructing an elastic waistband for ease and comfort
- Installing zippers and buttons
- Constructing gussets and side panels
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting
What Materials Do I Need to Buy?
- 5 meters of non-stretch cotton fabric (2.5m for the top and 2.5m for the skirt)
- 9″ concealed zipper
What Should I Bring For My 1st Session?
- Cut fabrics
- Paper patterns
- 9″ concealed zipper
Please read carefully on how it works, details are elaborated here in this link and will also be sent to your email. You can WhatsApp us at 8139 7787 for any further enquiries
- Make Your Order (You will receive an email)
- Take & Submit Measurements (14 days before the 1st session)
- Book Your Timeslot/s (via the email links sent to you)
- Receive Paper Patterns & Cut Your Fabrics (courier is free)
- Attend Class
- As all patterns are customized to your size, body measurements must be submitted 14 days BEFORE your 1st session
- Printed Patterns will be couriered to your registered address for FREE within 9 Days upon submission. Kindly ensure that the address in your account is correct.
- Please CUT your fabrics BEFORE attending the 1st session
- Sewing tools & machines are provided in class
- Fabrics & Trims are not included.
- Recommended: Non-stretch cotton fabrics
- Additional studio slot will be charged $30/hr
- Rescheduling fees apply. Kindly refer to our class policies
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
- The slot you booked may be postponed if it has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.