[WSQ] Fabric Studies and Fashion Production (Design, Draft & Sew Dress with Lining)
*IMPT: Balance amount is Skillsfuture Credit claimable. Grants & subsidies differ between individuals. We will contact you to confirm the amount.
- Total of 33hrs: 11 Sessions (3hrs/session & once/week)
- Total of 33hrs: 11 Sessions (3hrs/session & twice/week)
- Total of 33hrs: 5.5 Sessions (6hrs/session & once/week)
|10 FEB - 28 APR (Every FRI) Except 07 APR||6.30pm - 9.30pm||Normal|
|14 FEB - 25 APR (Every TUE)||2pm - 5pm||Normal|
|14 FEB - 25 APR (Every TUE)||6.30pm - 9.30pm||Normal|
|19 FEB - 30 APR (Every SUN)||10am - 1pm||Normal|
|20 FEB - 08 MAY (Every MON) Except 01 MAY||10am - 1pm||Normal|
|21 MAR - 25 APR (Every TUE & THU)||2.30pm - 5.30pm||Express|
|23 MAR - 01 JUN (Every THU)||6.30pm - 9.30pm||Normal|
|25 MAR - 17 JUN (Every SAT) Except 22 APR & 03 JUN||10am - 1pm||Normal|
|26 MAR - 04 JUN (Every SUN)||10am - 1pm||Normal|
PHYSICAL CLASS (VIRTUAL ONLINE CLASS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines are provided for physical class use. Fabrics and zippers will not be provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Total Hours: 33 Hours
Some sewing experience is recommended.
Welcome to our second WSQ-certified course where we will provide you with a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own garments from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop and manipulate pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear dresses including the princess line dress, complete with lining with different design variations.
- Operate, utilise, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare, and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for dresses along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter your dress
What you will achieve:
- Improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making.
- Achieve recognition as a qualified patternmaker and sewist at the foundational level.
- You will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for WSQ Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Dresses (with Lining).
|1. Can I use my Skillsfuture credit to claim for this course?|
Yes, you can use whatever Skillsfuture credit balance to claim for this course on top of the provided subsidy.
We will inform you how much grant you are eligible for and the balance you will be required to pay. Once you have this balance amount, you can submit your Skillsfuture credit claim here at https://www.skillsfuture.sg/Credit
Kindly inform us of the status of your claim as well so we can update on our end. You may make this submission between 60 days up to 5 days before the course starts.
|2. If I have no sewing experience, can I join?|
Yes, you may join as we will be teaching everyone starting from the basics to achieve the same level of proficiency.
|3. Can I miss any classes?|
As all classes are progressively planned, you should attend all classes unless you have valid documentation/ MC. As the government funds the grant, you are required to achieve the minimum attendance as you will not be entitled to the grant if you do not achieve this requirement and will be liable to pay the grant amount to Fashion Makerspace. Makeup classes without valid documentation/ MCs are chargeable.
IMPT: Attendance is compulsory for Assessment.
|4. Can I reschedule to a different intake/timing or cancel my enrollment?|
We highly discourage this, but there's an admin charge of $50 should you need to reschedule.
|5. What happens if I don't pass the assessment?|
You can appeal for a re-assessment. This re-assessment should be taken within 3 weeks of the last assessment. A re-assessment fee applies.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Course Fee Liability:
Trainees who do not meet the minimum attendance and assessment criteria will be required to pay full course fees at a non-subsidised rate.
In the event of company-sponsored trainees who do not meet the graduation criteria, their sponsoring companies will be liable for payment of the full course fee.