Fashion Sewing 213
7 Sessions | Total of 14 hours: (2 hrs/session)
Pre-requisite: Starter Bundle / Sewing Machine Knowledge & Cutting Fabrics
Sewing Machine & Tools included. Fabrics & Trims NOT included.
*IMPT: Dates for the 1st session are listed above. Please submit your body measurements at least 7 days before your 1st session, otherwise, your starting date will have to be postponed.
WHAT YOU'LL SEW:
This once traditional clothing only worn by aristocrats has now become a flattering statement piece for the modern woman. This set features a slimming kebaya top with a silhouette that accentuates one's curves and a functional zippered cuff as well as a versatile skirt lipat that has a front fold feature and a side pocket, for those who like the combinations of style, utility and comfort- we have it all covered! The kebaya top can be worn as a top or as outerwear. With this kebaya set, you will learn plenty of techniques and tricks that you can apply to your other projects. The Hari Raya season is coming, so pick out a couple of fancy fabrics and make this for your own or your family! Basic sewing experience is required.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Constructing a kebaya shawl collar
- Sewing darts for a fitted bodice
- Installing a zipper on a sleeve cuff for fit and function
- Constructing and attaching sleeves
- Installing side pockets into a garment
- Creating a wrap front-fold feature on a skirt
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Sewing up snap buttons
- Make Your Order - You will receive a Requirements Email
Submit Body Measurements - Click Here
(Minimum 7 days BEFORE your 1st session)
Book Your Remainder Timeslot/s
(Available timeslots will be provided in the Requirements Email)
THINGS TO BRING FOR THE FIRST SESSION:
|Non-Stretch Cotton (for Top)||1.5 metres|
|Fabric A (Non-Stretch Cotton)||1.5 metres|
|Fabric B (for Skirt Lipat)||1 metre|
|Concealed Zipper (10 inch)||3|
|Small Pairs Hook & Eyes||2 pairs|
*Zipper can be purchased from Lye Nai Shiong & Ribbing from Sing Mui Heng
- Select "CUT FOR ME" upon checkout for our Cutting & Overlocking Service if you want to save time!
- If you would like to purchase our fabrics - Click Here
- If you would like to rent/purchase them all together - Click Here
FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
Ensure you have all of these materials if you are NOT renting the Sewing Machine Set
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Marker/ Chalk
- Paper & Printer
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Overlock Machine (or zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine)
Have any questions?
You can contact us: 81397787 or Email: email@example.com
Class Schedule Dates
(For reference only, NOT for booking)