Series of 1
Ages 13 and above? We recommend signing up for Fashion Sewing 101 instead.
FOR AGES 7 – 16, ADULTS WELCOME TOO! Some sewing experience is required for this project, e.g. to have done another bag or pencil case before.
1 Session Workshop | Total of 3.5 hours
Don't just buy a backpack! You or your child will learn the skills to make a cool pleated backpack, complete with a double-ended zipper and an inner pocket! It comes in a perfect size to fit books, a water bottle, and even an iPad! Best of all, it also comes in sturdy canvas fabrics! This class helps build up skills like installing a zipper, straps with adjusters, working with thick fabrics and padding, adding pockets and a sturdy base.
Dear Parents & Guardians, if you would like to sit in the class with your kids, you may do so at an add-on fee of $10/pax. However, no additional materials will be provided.
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to install a zipper on a bag
- How to operate and handle thick fabrics with a sewing machine
- How to add a strap with sliders and adjusters
- Construct a roomy bag with base and inner pockets
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable