Series of 6
Fashion Sewing 213 – Kebaya Set *Custom Fit
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
6 Session Workshop | Total of 18 hours: (3 hrs/session)
This once traditional clothing only worn by aristocrats has now become a flattering statement piece for the modern woman. This set features a slimming kebaya top with a silhouette that accentuates one's curves and a functional zippered cuff as well as a versatile skirt lipat that has a front fold feature and a side pocket, for those who like the combinations of style, utility and comfort- we have it all covered!
The kebaya top can be worn as a top or as outerwear.
With this kebaya set, you will learn plenty of techniques and tricks that you can apply to your other projects. The Hari Raya season is coming, so pick out a couple of fancy fabrics and make this for your own or your family! Basic sewing experience is required.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your First Session, please bring:
- Three 10″ concealed zippers
- 6 Snap buttons
- 2 small pairs of hook and eyes
- 1.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric for Kebaya Top
- 1.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric & 1 metre of contrast non-stretch cotton fabric for Skirt Lipat
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Constructing a kebaya shawl collar
- Sewing darts for a fitted bodice
- Installing a zipper on a sleeve cuff for fit and function
- Constructing and attaching sleeves
- Installing side pockets into a garment
- Creating a wrap front-fold feature on a skirt
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Sewing up snap buttons
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!