[WSQ] Sewing & Patternmaking: Womenswear Tops & Skirts (Basic)
Click here to Register your Interest
*IMPT: Balance amount is Skillsfuture Credit claimable. Grants & subsidies differ between individuals. We will contact you to confirm the amount.
Normal: 14 Sessions | Total of 47hrs: (3.5hrs/session)
Express: 7 Sessions | Total of 47hrs: (7hrs/session)
|02 JUN - 01 SEP (Every THU)||9.30am - 1pm||Normal|
|06 JUN - 11 JUL (Every MON) Except 10 JUL||10am - 6pm||Express|
|14 JUN - 20 SEP (Every TUE) Except 09 AUG||2pm - 5.30pm||Normal|
|17 JUN - 16 SEP (Every FRI)||9.30am - 1pm||Normal|
No dates suitable? Please contact us or Whatsapp us @ 8139 7787
1. PHYSICAL CLASS (VIRTUAL ONLINE CLASS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided for physical class use. Fabrics and zippers not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Total Hours: 47 Hours
|Training: 42 hours (3.5 hours per session)|
Assessment: 5 hours
Welcome to our first WSQ-certified course where we will provide you with a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own clothes from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear skirts and tops with different design variations.
- Operate, utilise, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for skirts and tops along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter tops and skirts
What you will achieve:
- Improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making.
- Achieve recognition as a qualified patternmaker and sewist at the foundational level.
- You will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for WSQ Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Top & Skirt (Basic)
|1. Can I use my Skillsfuture credit to claim for this course?|
Yes, you can use whatever Skillsfuture credit balance to claim for this course on top of the provided subsidy.
We will inform you how much grant you are eligible for and the balance you will be required to pay. Once you have this balance amount, you can submit your Skillsfuture credit claim here at https://www.skillsfuture.sg/Credit
Kindly inform us of the status of your claim as well so we can update on our end. You may make this submission between 60 days up to 5 days before the course starts.
|2. If I have no sewing experience, can I join?|
Yes, you may join as we will be teaching everyone starting from the basics to achieve the same level of proficiency.
|3. Can I miss any classes?|
As all classes are progressively planned, you should attend all classes unless you have valid documentation/ MC. As the government funds the grant, you are required to achieve the minimum attendance as you will not be entitled to the grant if you do not achieve this requirement and will be liable to pay the grant amount to Fashion Makerspace. Makeup classes without valid documentation/ MCs are chargeable.
IMPT: Attendance is compulsory for Assessment.
|4. Can I reschedule to a different intake/timing or cancel my enrolment?|
We highly discourage this, but there's an admin charge of $50 should you need to reschedule.
|5. What happens if I don't pass the assessment?|
You can appeal for a re-assessment. This re-assessment should be taken within 3 weeks of the last assessment. A re-assessment fee applies.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Course Fee Liability:
Trainees who do not meet the minimum attendance and assessment criteria will be required to pay full course fees at a non-subsidised rate.
In the event of company-sponsored trainees who do not meet the graduation criteria, their sponsoring companies will be liable for payment of the full course fee.