[WSQ] Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Dresses (with Lining)
For the Interest Form, Click Here
BRAND NEW SKILLSFUTURE WSQ CLASS FOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Grants and Subsidies Available
12 Session Workshop | Total of 42.5 hours: (3.5 hrs/session)
1) 5th JAN'21 - 23rd MAR'21 (Every TUE) 9.30am - 1pm (New)
2) 6th JAN'21 - 24th MAR'21 (Every WED) 2pm - 5.30pm (New)
3) 7th JAN'21 - 1st APR'21 (Every THU) 9.30am - 1pm, except 11th Feb (New)
4) 16th JAN'21 - 10th APR'21 (Every SAT) 10am - 1.30pm, except 13th FEB (Sold out)
5) 19th FEB'21 - 14th MAY'21 (Every FRI) 2pm - 5.30pm, except 2nd APR (New)
6) 22nd FEB'21 - 29th MAR'21 (Every MON) 10am - 6pm (New)
No dates suitable? Please contact us or Whatsapp us @ 8139 7787
Welcome to our second WSQ-certified course where we will provide you with a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own garments from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop and manipulate pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear dresses including the princess line dress, complete with lining with different design variations.
- Operate, utilize, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare, and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for dresses along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter your dress
What you will achieve:
- Improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making
- Achieve recognition as a qualified patternmaker & sewist at the foundational level. You will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for WSQ Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Dresses (with Lining).
*IMPT: This course is largely subsidized for Singaporeans & PRs. The grant amount differs between individuals, and we will contact you to confirm the amount. You may use Skillsfuture credits to top-up the balance payable as well.
Total Hours: 42.5 hours
|Training: 38.5 hours (3.5 hours per session)|
Assessment: 4 hours
New students will receive a Complimentary Set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided in class. Fabrics and zippers not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
& EITHER OF THE BELOW
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|1. Can I use my Skillsfuture credit to claim for this course?|
Yes, you can use whatever Skillsfuture credit balance to claim for this course on top of the provided subsidy.
We will inform you how much grant you are eligible for and the balance you will be required to pay. Once you have this balance amount, you can submit your Skillsfuture credit claim here at https://www.skillsfuture.sg/Credit
Kindly inform us of the status of your claim as well so we can update on our end. You may make this submission between 60 days up to 5 days before the course starts.
|2. If I have no sewing experience, can I join?|
Yes, you may join as we will be teaching everyone starting from the basics to achieve the same level of proficiency.
|3. Can I miss any classes?|
Ideally not, because all classes are progressively planned. However, as the government funds the grant, you are required to achieve 75% attendance as you will be liable to pay the grant back if you don't achieve this requirement.
IMPT: Attendance is compulsory for Assessment. It will be on the last day of the course.
|4. Can I reschedule to a different intake?|
We highly discourage this, but there's an admin charge of $50 to do so.
|5. What happens if I don't pass the assessment?|
You can appeal for a re-assessment. This re-assessment should be taken within 3 weeks of the last assessment. A re-assessment fee applies.
|Applicant||Course Fee||SSG* Grant||Skillsfuture Credit||Discount||Fees Payable|
|SG Citizens & PRs||$1,800||$675.75 - $993.75||$500||$306.25||$0 - $318|
|SMEs||$1,800||$675.75 - $993.75||Training Grant to be applied by the company (ETSS)**||
Training Grant to be applied by the company (ETSS)**
* SkillsFuture Singapore Grant (SSG)
** Enhanced Training Support Funding (ETSS)
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.