Men’s Tailored Business Shirt by Master Tailor Thomas Wong & Joyan Chan
MASTER TAILOR THOMAS WONG X JOYAN CHAN X FASHION MAKERSPACE [Exclusive one-time only event]
6 Session Workshop | Total of 24 hours: (4 hrs/session)
Twice a week (Same time and day each week)
Described and lauded as “a true master of the craft and someone with incredible knowledge when it comes to the precision of traditional tailoring techniques“, Master Wong, once the president of the Singapore Master Tailor Association, together with his esteemed disciple, Joyan Chan are now humbly imparting their skills of making a sharp tailored business shirt in this techniques-packed four and a half week class.
Fancy a sophisticated, dapper and refined bespoke shirt with a good fit that you can hardly get off-the-racks?
Pick up fine tailoring skills from the 2 revered experts; from taking accurate body measurements for menswear, making a shirt draft from scratch to designing and constructing various types of collars and executing industry standard sewing finishes like the flat felled and french seams.
Smartly dress your husband or yourself in a crisp and tailored business shirt with the perfect flattering fit- totally debonair!
All sewing tools and machines provided. Fabric & buttons not included.
For your first class, NO materials are required. You will be advised what materials to bring during the class.
- Identify pattern pieces, sewing operations and sequences required to construct a men's tailored shirt
- Understand how body measurement related to pattern development
- Interpret draft, cut and sew a men's tailored shirt based on given size specifications using pattern block with manipulation methods
- Learn how to draft a pattern close to a particular person
- Learn the various stitching methods such as Flat Felled Seam and French Seam
- Learn the tailoring methods in constructing the followings:
– Standard, cutaway, wingtip collars
– One button cuff, one button angle, double French cuff and plackets
- Fundamental principles of drafting, cutting, constructing and finishing
- Measurement interpretation
- Drafting procedures of pattern blocks
- Development process from paper patterns to finished garment
- Types of interfacing
- Tailoring terminology interpretations
- Students must be able to operate a sewing machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- Maximum 6 student signups
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
ABOUT OUR FEATURED MAKERS:
Learn more about Master Wong here in his interview with Straits Times: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/true-master-of-the-craft
Learn more about Joyan Chan here: https://www.behance.net/joyanmerveille