[SkillsFuture] INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Cheongsam
*SKILLSFUTURE CREDIT CLAIMABLE*
Prerequisite: Sewing & Patternmaking Basic course. Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
9 Session Workshop | Total of 27 hours: (3 hrs/session)
A dressmaker’s classic piece to add to their skillset- a beautifully fitted cheongsam drafted to your own measurements.
Flaunt your curves with your very own tailored cheongsam. Complete with full lining, mandarin collar, cap sleeves and a flattering slit, this traditional silhouette never goes out of style! Using intermediate techniques of manipulating darts, working with curves and installing a discreet invisible zipper opening on the side, take your sewing and handwork skills to another level..
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand how to develop basic dress patterns with dart manipulation
- How to draft & construct your own cheongsam with cap sleeves according to your own body measurements
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation with lining, mandarin collar, a finished slit opening.
- Developing finishing skills to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
What To Bring for the 1st Lesson:
- Master Bodice Block
Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
Materials to be Purchased:
(Not required for the first lesson. Trainer will further advise later on)
- 2m of cotton fabric for the outer layer
- 2m of lightweight cotton voile (a type of soft fabric)
- 18″ invisible zipper.
- Plastic snap buttons
- 2-3 cheongsam buttons of your own liking (Can be purchased later towards the last lesson)
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
|DATE||TIME||PA | NON-PA|
|10 JAN - 07 MAR (Every TUE)||6.30pm - 9.30pm||$870 | $880|
- For students who who would like to claim their SkillsFuture Credits and have insufficient balance, they will need to make the remaining payment at Tampines Changkat Community Club.
- For students who are not not claiming their SkillsFuture credits, kindly click HERE to make the payment.