[Online Classes] Structured Geometric Bow Top
For the Beginner to Experienced Sewists.
In this comprehensive course, we teach you right from the start from threading the sewing machine and overlocker to tension adjustments, techniques for cutting fabrics and interfacing tips. After that, we will cover the techniques and detailed sequences on how you can create a sophisticated semi-fitted top with a structured bowtie extension at the back.
This dimensional piece delivers a classic look in the front, contrasted by a unique back detail. Pick your material of choice, from crisp cotton poplin to laid-back linen fabric to create different looks.
If you’re already an avid sewer, you may skip the 101 portions and head straight to the sewing sequences where we also include many tips to finish off your garments more professionally.
For Online Class Only option: Patterns will be available only in softcopy. Physical patterns not included. Physical pattern available HERE.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to add structure to your garment
- Constructing an extension for back-bow
- Learn how to read sewing patterns
- Learn how to use an overlocker sewing machine
- Learn how to interface your clothes
- Fill in your measurements here: Womenswear Measurement
HOW DO I ACCESS MY ONLINE CLASSES?
- Log Into Your Account/Create An Account
- Add to Cart
- Check Out
- Kindly check your email. You will receive an email to set your password and access the student portal.
- For those who purchased Online Class Only, you will need to print out your draft out before attending your Online Classes.
- Please allow up to 14 working days from submission of the measurements for us to send the draft (and Material Kit).
WHAT DO I NEED?
TOOLS & MATERIALS NEEDED:
(Kindly ensure you have all of these materials if you are not purchasing the Material Kit*)
- 2.5m fabric (Cotton Poplin, Broadcloth or Linen fabric recommended)
- 0.5 Light to medium weight single-sided fusible interfacing (depending on desired stiffness)
- Fabric chalk or fabric marker
- Thread and bobbin
- Fabric scissors
- Pins or clips
- Printer & Paper
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Overlock Machine (or zig-zag stitch on Sewing Machine)
OUR MATERIAL KIT COMES WITH: [Tools/Machines not included]
1. Fully Prepared Fabric
- Ironed & Cut Out in your size
- All Panels labelled
- Darts marked, edges overlocked, notches cut
2. Hardcopy Patterns & Essential Sewing Notions*
- Matching threads
- Paper patterns in both soft & hardcopy
So you can sit back, relax and have all materials delivered right to your doorstep.
- Please allow up to 14 working days from submission of the measurements for us to send the draft (and Material Kit)
Sewing machine (with tools) & overlock machine available for Rent & Sale here.
Have any questions?
You can contact us: 8139 7787 or Email us at email@example.com.