Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 302A – Menswear Casual Shirt
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Menswear: Mandarin stand-collar shirt with half-placket & short sleevesA season-less staple, this classic popover top is a laid-back favorite. We’ve re-invented this style with a Mandarin band stand-collar; Equal parts smart and casual.
The shirt comes with half placket button detailing & short sleeves perfect for our tropical weather. Easy-to-wear and versatile, this shirt will face endless rotation in your wardrobe!
Learn pattern-reading & cutting techniques + how to assemble & add finishing touches to this classic mens’ workday favourite.
In this 3 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade, you will also get to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, plus how to lay & cut patterns, prep + install a stand collar and sleeves, assemble a half-placket button front closure and hemming techniques.
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 6 buttons (Quantity depends on design choice)
- 2.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Using tools necessary for sewing.
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
- Clean-finishing fabric edges.
- Prep + assembly of stand collar
- Insert half-button placket shirt front.
- Prepping and attaching short sleeves.
- Buttonhole assembly via machine.
- Seaming & top-stitching & hemming techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our 300 Fashion Sewing Series is designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!