[LampPost: Studio Class For Kids] Tote Bag - DDB x FMS
DDB X FASHION MAKERSPACE
FOR AGES 5 - 12 years old.
1 Session Workshop | Total of 2 hours
Introducing our first-ever collaboration with DDB in this workshop for a social cause. The LampPost Project! Upcycling lamppost banners and flags used during our National Day celebrations.
What if we told you that you could totes look good while doing good? The LampPost Project is back with the crowd favourite –– REVERSIBLE TOTE BAGS. New to sewing? Don't worry! Learn the skills to make tote bags like these, step-by-step with our friendly trainers and reduce waste by upcycling at the same time!
You will get 2 flags! So you can keep the first kit and donate your 2nd bag and the funds raised from each sale will benefit the Singapore Association for Mental Health (SAMH) – an organisation that helps persons with mental illness reintegrate into society. A little goes a long way, thank you for your kind purchase!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to create your own tote bag and kickstart your sewing creativity for further upcycling projects!
- Learn how to use a sewing machine
- Understand construction techniques and how reversible products are made
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
P.S. You will get free co-sewing hours to complete the second bag in our studio.
Note: Minor imperfections (if any) are due to the fact that they are recycled from lamppost banners. Any worn-out or damaged bag should be disposed of properly and not left visible in bins.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups
- Maximum class size is 10 with social distancing measures
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.