INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Womenswear Pants
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Students enrolling in this class should have taken either,
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 24 hours: (8 hrs/session)
Please wear pants to the first class to facilitate measuring.
We demystify the garment making process further through making a pair of women’s pants.
Draft a pair of straight pants & pick up simple dart manipulation for design from your basic pattern blocks. Sewing construction techniques covered include installing a fly front zipper placket, prepping and assembly of curved waistband and top-stitching techniques.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. You will be briefed on the materials needed during the first class session.
What To Bring:
- Master Bodice Block
- Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
What You’ll Learn:
- How to take lower body measurements for making pants.
- Learn the right tailoring trousers method and to draft a pair of pants from scratch.
- Create a first fitting toile sample, using machines + tools necessary for sewing.
- Sew a professional pair of pants with fly front zipper placket and trousers pocket.
- Construct and add a fitting curved waistband to your pants.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.