INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Shirtdress
We suggest taking our Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Womenswear class before this class. Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
For the first class, please remember to bring along your Master Bodice Block and your booklet from our Sewing & Pattern-making Basic course.
7 session course total 21 hours
Once a week (same time each week)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric NOT included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended. Please get in touch for any clarifications.
The classic button-up Work-Shirt is a staple of any wardrobe. Forget the endless struggle to find one that fits you perfectly off the rack, here’s your chance to tailor a custom collared piece for yourself!
Develop your basic block to a button-up shirt-dress complete with shirt yoke, collar, collar stand, set-in sleeves and tower sleeve placket. We will take you through these shirtmaking construction techniques: Front placket construction with a double-layered finished yoke, Setting in sleeves, Barrel cuffs & tower sleeve plackets, Collar & collar stand construction and narrow hemming curves.
Pick up essential shirt-making techniques with our easy-to-understand lessons in small-class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is chargeable.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to develop basic blocks to full collared shirt with sleeves.
- Hands-on stitching practice and effective sewing steps for shirt-making.
- understanding of drafting patterns, layout and cutting on-grain
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.