Series of 7
INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Princess Lined Dress
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Students enrolling in this class should have taken either,
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
6 Session Workshop | Total of 18 hours: (3hrs/session)
A dressmaker's classic piece to add to their skillset- a beautifully fitted Princess-line Dress drafted to your own measurements.
Learn to draft and construct your very own figure-flattering and sophisticated Princess-line Dress complete with lining and beautiful finishes. Built with a fitted bodice and 2 variations of skirt, fit or flared, this dress is perfect for all body shapes and sizes! Bring your sewing skills to a whole new level by using intermediate techniques with manipulating darts, curves, adding lining and installing a discreet invisible zipper opening on the back.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What To Bring:
- Master Bodice Block
- Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand how to manipulate from basic bodice patterns into a dress, with dart manipulation and skirt variations, developed from your own custom template
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation, assembling panels and concealing finishes with a lining
- Pick up finishing skills and techniques to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio ?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.