INT Sewing & Patternmaking Level 2: Top & Skirt
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Students enrolling in this class should have taken a Sewing & Patternmaking: Womenswear Tops & Skirts (Basic).
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
10 Session Workshop | Total of 30 hours: (3 hrs/session)
We bring you this carefully crafted leveled-up version to enhance your skills from basic to become independently more advanced!
Learn the dress or top & skirt Basic class previously? Now master how to create manipulations from your basic blocks. We will cover skirt manipulation techniques to design your own skirt; create skirts with beautiful pin-tucks, pleats or yokes, and other design details, making them look boutique-bought and fully lined.
We combine various techniques of manipulating your top and sleeves to include a placket, yoke, cuff with various collars to turn it into a shirt or blouse! Brimming with methods to fulfill your design aspirations, approach sewing & patternmaking like never before!
We’ll make it as easy-to-understand as we can!
What To Bring:
- Master Bodice Block
- Quarter-scale Art card
- Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
What You’ll Learn:
- Patternmaking techniques to add design details to skirt: pleats, yokes, lining, design lines, etc
- How to turn your top into a blouse or shirt complete with cuffs, sleeves, plackets and collars
- Manipulate your sleeves to create volume for puff or flare, or overlap to turn it into a tulip, or just simply add a cuff to finish off
- Grasp patternmaking approaches to use them on your own in the future to create more advanced designs
- How to sew up your designed top and skirt
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time is charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.