Series of 7
INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Cheongsam
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Prerequisite: Students enrolling in this class should have taken either,
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
7 Session Workshop | Total of 25.5 hours: (3.5 - 4 hrs/session)
Note: The first 2 sessions will be 4 hours and the next 5 sessions will be 3.5 hours.
A dressmaker’s classic piece to add to their skillset- a beautifully fitted cheongsam drafted to your own measurements.
Flaunt your curves with your very own tailored cheongsam. Complete with full lining, mandarin collar, cap sleeves and a flattering slit, this traditional silhouette never goes out of style! Using intermediate techniques with manipulating darts, curves and installing a discreet invisible zipper opening on the side, take your sewing and handwork skills to another level.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand how to develop basic dress patterns with dart manipulation
- How to draft & construct your own cheongsam with cap sleeves according to your own body measurements
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation with lining, mandarin collar, a finished slit opening.
- Developing finishing skills to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
What To Bring:
- Master Bodice Block
Booklet from the BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking course
- 2m of cotton fabric for the outer layer
- 2m of lightweight cotton voile (a type of soft fabric)
- 18″ invisible zipper.
- Plastic snap buttons
- 2-3 cheongsam buttons of your own liking (Can be purchased later towards the last lesson)
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio ?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.