Intermediate Fabric Studies and Fashion Production (Design, Draft & Sew Womenswear Pants)
9 Sessions Workshop | Total of 27 hours (3 hrs/session)
Welcome to our Intermediate Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Pants. We will be teaching you a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own clothes from scratch!
- Identify common fabrics and their characteristics that determine their quality and suitability for given designs.
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing fittings.
- Develop pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear skirts and tops.
- Make design changes to the skirts and tops.
- Fit and alter garments.
- Operate and utilize the sewing machine and overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare and cut fabric efficiently & accurately.
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for skirts and tops along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
What you will achieve:
- Develop and improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making.
New students will receive a Complimentary Set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
You're not required to bring anything for your first day of class. Kindly wear slightly tight-fitting clothing for measurement-taking. You may bring and change it here if you would like to. All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines will be provided for class use. Fabrics and zippers are not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- No assessment required
- Not Skillsfuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.