Series of 8
INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Womenswear Pants
Prerequisite: Sewing & Patternmaking Basic course. Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
8 Session Workshop | Total of 24 hours: (3 hours/session)
Please wear slim-fitted pants to the first class to facilitate measuring. Bring only your rulers for the first session.
Ever had problems finding a good fitted pair of pants? Draft your very own tailored pants starting from taking your own measurements, creating fit samples all the way to the final product whilst ensuring a good fit. Sewing construction techniques covered include intermediate techniques like installing a zipper fly, a fitted curved waistband, and side trouser pockets.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. You will be briefed on the materials needed during the first class session.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to take lower body measurements for making pants.
- Learn the right tailoring trousers method to draft a pair of pants from scratch.
- Create a first fitting toile sample, using machines + tools necessary for sewing.
- Sew a professional pair of pants with zipper fly and trousers pocket.
- Construct and add a fitting curved waistband to your pants.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.