Series of 4
Kidswear: Girls’ Ruffled Dress K204
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
This frilly kids sleeveless dress features a ruffled neckline and is finished neatly with a lightweight lining. Perfect for our tropical weather, make this adorable dress in your cutest chosen fabrics! Lift your kids spirits with this cheery getup!
3 Sizes suitable: 1-2 years | 3-4 years | 5-6 years
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Session:
- 1.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 3/4 meters for the top & 3/4 meters for the skirt [if desired]
of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 1 meter for lining (light cotton voile - type of soft fabric)
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of kidswear pattern reading.
- Pattern layout and cutting techniques
- How to create ruffles and sandwich them within the lining
- Install a lining and finish with beautifully curved sleeveless seams
- How to press & prepare interfacing for garment pieces
- Operate and utilize domestic sewing machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable