Series of 4
Kidswear: Cheongsam K202 *Custom Fit
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Make your li’l one the classic cheongsam!
Pay homage to the timeless girls’ Qi Pao (pronounced ch’i-p’ao), also known as the Cheongsam.
Our kidswear cheongsam is an easy project to complete in 3 sessions – learn to construct a mandarin collar, cord piping for design and get your little one all dressed up in your custom made cheongsam!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
OR You can click the button after your purchase to enter your measurements at least 5 days before the class starts.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Session:
- 14 inch concealed zipper
- 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 1 metre of cotton bias tape
- Own choice of buttons
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Construct Mandarin stand collar
- Concealed zipper installation
- Fabric Grain-lines & how to use them
- Pattern layout + cutting techniques
- Overlocking raw edges
- Seaming & topstitching
- Applying interfacing
- Flare Set-in sleeves
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable