Series of 2
Fashion Sewing 101 PRO - Introduction to Sewing
Have kids below 12 years old? We recommend signing up for: Kids Sewing 101
FOR AGES 13 & ABOVE
2 Session Workshop | Total of 5 Hours (2.5hr/session)
Welcome to our new enhanced beginners course, suited for those with zero or minimal experience, who want to pick up quick and practical applications to sewing! You will learn how to thread and apply the functions of the machine, as well as how to handle and utilize your newfound skills on a sewing project- a handy Zippered Coin & Card Holder.
We will also share lots of sewing tips, and delve into understanding and identifying various fibers and fabrics to help you in your fabric choices. We will also share with you where to buy supplies for your next project via a virtual tour of Chinatown. This is for anyone keen at sewing, fashion, handmade, crafts etc.
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to operate domestic machines and use the tools necessary for sewing.
- How to construct a pouch, understand seam allowances and assembly methods
- Installation method of conventional zipper and snap buttons for your project
- Hands-on stitching practice and sewing tips
- Virtual tour Chinatown textile market
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15 - $30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.