Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 202 – Flared Skirt
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Flaunt this 50’s-inspired retro skirt & master a timeless piece for your wardrobe. Classic never goes out of style – the graceful drapes of this silhouette can be most flattering for different figure types!
In this 3 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade, you will also get to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, plus how to lay & cut patterns, install a side seam pocket, button + placket side closure and put on a straight waistband.
Skirt Pattern in 3 sizes*: S, M, L - (Waist 70 – 76cm)
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at email@example.com to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Class:
- 8″ concealed zipper
- 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Using tools necessary for sewing
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges
- Installing a side seam pocket
- Install button placket & loops
- Prep & attach straight waistband
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!