Series of 6
Fashion Sewing 303 – Menswear Long Sleeve Shirt *Custom Fit
6 Sessions | Total of 12 hours: (2 hrs/session)
NEW flexible 5-step booking format, click here to find out more.
What You'll Sew:
Menswear: Long-sleeved collared shirt with full button placket and cuffs. A slim-fit everyday classic shirt for men. Use cotton poplin for the office-shirt look, or batik for the casual, relaxed fit, with a shirttail hem to make it look good whether it's tucked in or out! The shirt comes with full placket button detailing & long sleeves that make it an easy staple for the men's' wardrobe. Learn pattern-reading & cutting techniques, how to sew up, assemble & add finishing touches to this classic men's' workday favourite.
What You’ll Learn:
- Preparation and assembly of the collar stand and collar pieces
- Inserting a full-placket shirt front
- Prepping and attaching long sleeves and finishing it with a cuff
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Seaming & top-stitching techniques for joining
- Hemming techniques to create a shirt-tail hem
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
What Materials Do I Need to Buy?
- 2.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric.
- 12 buttons
What Should I Bring For My 1st Session?
- Cut fabrics
- Paper patterns
- 12 buttons
Please read carefully on how it works, details are elaborated here in this link and will also be sent to your email. You can whatsapp us at 8139 7787 for any further enquiries
- Make Your Order (You will receive an email)
- Take & Submit Measurements (14 days before the 1st session)
- Book Your Timeslot/s (via the email links sent to you)
- Receive Paper Patterns & Cut Your Fabrics (courier is free)
- Attend Class
- As all patterns are customized to your size, body measurements must be submitted 14 days BEFORE your 1st session
- Printed Patterns will be couriered to your registered address for FREE within 9 Days upon submission. Kindly ensure that the address in your account is correct.
- Please CUT your fabrics BEFORE attending the 1st session
- Sewing tools & machines are provided in class
- Fabrics & Trims are not included.
- Recommended: Non-stretch cotton fabrics
- Additional studio slot will be charged $30/hr
- Rescheduling fees apply. Kindly refer to our class policies
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
- The slot you booked may be postponed if it has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.