Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 234 – Sleeveless Full-Length Cheongsam | ONLEWO X FMS
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
The graceful silhouette shapes your curves and can be customized to any size. The traditional dress is modernized with a beautiful slit along the thigh with a binded closure to fill a row of cheongsam buttons.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
- FABRIC- WITHOUT CONTRAST: 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- FABRIC- WITH CONTRAST: 2 meters of Fabric A with 1.5 meters of Fabric B, both in non-stretch cotton
- 7 - 9 cheongsam buttons
- 2 packets of bias binding tape
- 22" invisible/ concealed zipper
What You’ll Learn
- Installing a mandarin collar
- Creating a bias bound edge with cheongsam buttons
- Using tools necessary for sewing
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Story about the "Peranakan Story" Prints:
The design is inspired by symbols found in many facets of the Peranakan Culture. Reflecting wealth and good fortune, these symbols can be found on throughout the history of Peranakan on fabrics, china wares, wood furniture, jewelries, etc. As a brand that promotes meaningful local narratives through patterns and colors, Onlewo draws on the rich Peranakan design heritage to create this series of patterns, which are in return a tribute to the original creativity of the Peranakan culture.
Onlewo 安乐窝 draws inspiration from its Singapore root to create pattern designs with stories. Through our contemporary rendition of heritage, places and culture in Singapore and Asia, expressed on home, fashion and lifestyle goods, we hope to connect people and memories, enliven conversations and ignite new passions.
Check them out at https://onlewo.com/