Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 222 – Swing Skirt with Elastic Back *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Swing this skirt around with flair! A timeless piece for your wardrobe. Classic never goes out of style – the graceful drapes of this silhouette can be most flattering for different figure types! It comes with an elasticized waist at the back, so the front looks nice and clean, and the fit is still forgiving! It comes with a side pocket too!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
- 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 1" wide elastic (approx. half a meter)
What You’ll Learn
- Installing a side seam pocket
- Installing an elasticized waistband
- Using tools necessary for sewing
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our Cut & Sew Series is designed for the beginning sewist, who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques for making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!