Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 214 – Abaya *Custom Fit
Not familiar with using the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
A modern robe that is both relaxed and comfortable in fit. This dress comes with an optional sash to cinch the waist to transform your outfit from casual to chic! It comes with a functional zippered neck placket suitable for those who are also breastfeeding, side pockets for storing your phone, and a contrasting cuff to spice things up!
With this abaya, the relaxed fit makes it easy for you to do more for your family or friends, and you will learn plenty of techniques and tricks that you can apply to your other projects. The Hari Raya season is coming, so pick out a couple of fancy fabrics!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your First Session, please bring:
- 8" invisible zipper
- 1 packet of single-folded bias binding
4 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric of at least 60" in width
- 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric for contrast cuff and sash
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Constructing an invisible neck placket
- Constructing and attaching contrast cuffs
- Installing side pockets into a garment
- Laying out and cutting fabric for minimal wastage
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!