Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 210 – Drop-shoulder Shirtdress *Custom Fit
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Create your own personalised comfortable shirtdress that fits uniquely you! Upgrade your wardrobe with a custom-fit piece that can work for many occasions. Pick your favourite fabric, add pockets and design your sleeves to the length you desire.
Learn pattern-reading & cutting techniques, how to sew up, assemble & add finishing touches for this classic staple that must be in any fashionista’s wardrobe!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Class:
- 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 12 buttons
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Preparation and assembly of the collar
- Inserting a full-placket shirt front
- How to create the drop shoulder/ kimono sleeve detail
- Prepping and attaching long sleeves and finishing it with a wide-hem cuff
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Seaming & top-stitching techniques for joining
- Hemming techniques to create a curved hem
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!