Series of 2
Fashion Sewing 102 – Fabrics & Construction (Series of 2)
This class is suitable for students who have completed our beginner Fashion Sewing 101 class or equivalent.
2 Session Workshop | Total of 4 Hours (2/session)
You’ve mastered the sewing machine to sew straight, corner & curvy stitches in 101, it’s time to take your basic sewing skills to the next level!
Our Fashion Sewing 102 class covers an introduction to different fabric & stabilizer types and the uses of grain-lines, constructing a wristlet with the use of zippers, edgestitching and understanding seam allowances. You will learn and take home a handy zippered wristlet to put your new skills to work!
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- Identify & understand popular fabric names & types
- Recognize Fabric Grain-lines & how to use them
- How to construct a variety of pouches and understanding seam allowances and construction methods
- Install conventional zipper
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15 - $30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.