Series of 1
Fashion Sewing 102: Fabrics, Construction & Make An Eco-friendly Waterproof Bag
This class is the next step for who have completed our beginner Fashion Sewing 101 class or equivalent. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
BUNDLE PRICE - Get Fashion Sewing 101 & Fashion Sewing 102 at $88 only! (Usual Price $103) Click HERE.
FOR AGES 13 & ABOVE
1 Session Workshop | Total of 2.5 Hours
Welcome to the next level of the beginners course, suited for those who want to learn more about different fabrics & fibers and how they will affect the quality of your next project, as well as picking up more practical applications to sewing!
You will learn how to sew up a Multi-purpose Waterproof Buckle Bag with boxy corners that's reusable and voids the use of plastic bags, with dimensions large enough to house your lunchbox and knick-knacks! Talk about doing our part for the environment.
We will also share lots of sewing tips, and delve into understanding and identifying various fibers and fabrics to help you in your fabric & environmental choices. This is for anyone keen at sewing, fashion, handmade, crafts etc.
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- Identify & understand popular fabric names & types
- Recognize fabric weave types, grain lines & how to use them
- How to construct a multi-purpose bag with boxy corners and tips to sew with laminated fabric
- Apply your understanding seam allowances and construction methods
- Installation method of buckle for your next project
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.