Creative Moulage & Transformational Reconstruction (TR) Cut Dress by Shingo Sato
SHINGO SATO X FASHION MAKERSPACE
*Pre-Requisite: Sewing & Patternmaking intermediate knowledge is required
1 Session Workshop | Total of 4 hours
Internationally renown Japanese master of draping and fashion design lecturer, Shingo Sato who founded his own Transformational Reconstruction (TR) and cutting art techniques will be holding his 3-day only workshop at FMS. Level up your skills and pick up his innovative techniques in developing three-dimensional designs with his 4 popular workshops!
What You’ll Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of draping on a dress form
- Learn to construct a dress block, followed by putting in the design lines, separating the panels and drafting each panel separately
- Joining the seams of various contrast panels to create your dress design
- Dressform (Please bring your own)
- Calico x 2 meters
- Cotton fabrics (2 colours x 2 meters each)
- Paper Masking Tape (2cm width) x 1 roll
Dressform and materials not provided.
You may rent or purchase the Dressform:
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend your booked class.
- If you would like a refund, our policy is:
14 calendar days or more: Full workshop fee refund
Less than 14 calendar days before / Day of the workshop / After the workshop: Full workshop fee forfeited
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
ABOUT SHINGO SATO:
Japanese pattern artist and fashion design lecturer Shingo Sato holds worldwide pattern making seminars with TR Cutting School, which was founded by himself. The aesthetics of Shingo Sato’s extraordinary creations combine couture and architecture. In 2017 the master of pattern-innovation came to Germany for the first time. Shingo Sato's technique, called “Transformational Reconstruction Technique”, is a combination of two-dimensional cutting technique and three-dimensional draping on the bust. (Source: https://www.muellerundsohn.com/en/allgemein/cutting-art-with-shingo-sato/)
Check him out at: