Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 304 – Menswear Mandarin Shirt *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Jazz up a full-button placket shirt for men with contrast fabrics and a patch pocket. This mandarin-collared shirt can be customized to a casual, relaxed fit for those who like it loose, or a preppy slim-fit shirt for those who want to show off their “cut”.
This shirt has a full button placket & short sleeves that make it an irresistible option for our weather. Pick up sewing and cutting techniques, understand pattern-reading, construct and assemble a neatly made easy-to-wear wardrobe staple for yourself or the man you love!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: email@example.com)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabrics are not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 7 shirt buttons (diameter less than 17mm)
- Fabric Option A (No Contrast) | 2.5m non-stretch cotton fabric
- Fabric Option B (With Contrast) | 2m + 1m of contrast non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Installation of mandarin collar
- Finishing a shirt with a full-button placket
- Prepping and attaching short sleeves
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Installing a patch pocket
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our 300 Fashion Sewing Series is designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!