Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 205 – Cheongsam Playsuit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Great for dress-down Fridays or a casual Sunday brunch, we offer a playsuit version of the classic Cheongsam, complete with an comfortable elasticized waistband for more room. Pick your own fabrics to sew it up and make it your very own!
Learn how to work with side openings, facings and invisible zippers. Pick up multiple sewing tips and bring your sewing to the next level with this very comprehensive class.
Cheongsam Playsuit Size Range
(Minimum to Maximum / Chest, Waist, Hip Respectively)
(C 83cm, W 65cm, H 94cm) - (C 99cm, W 82cm, H 108cm)
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at email@example.com to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Class:
- 10″ concealed zipper
- 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 2-3 chinese frog buttons
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Installing an elastic waistband to combine a top & pants bottom together
- Attaching neck and armhole facings together with a flap closure
- Constructing a mandarin collar and attaching a side seam concealed zipper
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Assembly + construction of cheongsam playsuit
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!