Series of 4
Kidswear: Boys’ Casual Shirt K301
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Make a boys’ casual shirt, complete with a mandarin collar & short sleeves.
Upgrade his casual style with a dashing short-sleeve, summery button-up shirt. Featuring a classic stand mandarin-collar, front button closure and shirt yoke – this is a relaxed fit comfortable for everyday wear!
3 Sizes suitable: 1-2 years | 3-4 years | 5-6 years
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 68025482 or email us at email@example.com to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Session:
- 6 small buttons (0.8-1.5cm diameter)
- 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric (60" width)
- 1.5 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric (45" width)
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of kidswear pattern reading.
- Pattern layout and cutting techniques
- How to press & prepare interfacing for garment pieces
- Operate and utilize domestic sewing machine.
- Operate domestic overlock machine to bind edges
- Learn how to prep and assemble short sleeves
- Prep & assemble hawaiian/spread-collar point.
- Various seaming methods & tips, including topstitching and hem finishes.
- Buttonhole assembly via sewing machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!