Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 201 – Boxy Top
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Featuring our completely revamped Boxy Top with shoulder button closure detail, and the option of a contrasting circular bottom panel OR straight panel.
This class makes a great lesson in reading & using custom or commercial patterns! We’ll cover creating a blouse that’s easy to match with a variety of bottoms & versatile from day-to-night. In this 3 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade, you will also get to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, plus how to create buttonhole details & simple neckline facing for a touch of luxe!
Boxy Top Pattern in 3 sizes*: S, M, L
*Chest Measurements (Measured AROUND the Chest): 82cm - 110cm
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Please Bring for Your First Class:
- 3-5 buttons (1 - 1.5cm diameter)
- 2 meters of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 1.5 meters of contrast fabric.
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges.
- Seaming & topstitching techniques
- Neckline finishes with facing.
- How to sew buttons and to create button loops with the machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!