Basic Sewing & Patternmaking: Womenswear Tops & Skirts
12 Sessions Workshop | Total of 42 hours (3.5 hrs/session)
Welcome to our Basic Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Tops & Skirts. We will be teaching you a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own clothes from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear skirts and tops with different design variations.
- Operate, utilize, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare, and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for skirts and tops along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter tops and skirts
What you will achieve:
- Improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making
New students will receive a Complimentary Set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided for class use. Fabrics and zippers not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- No assessment required
- Not Skillsfuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.